Anytime I’ve ever run into any type of problem I’ve always turned to books to look for solutions.
It was no different when 7 years ago I was hit with some major health challenges including chronic stress, anxiety, and insomnia, among other lovely symptoms.
I went to the doctor and that didn’t turn out to be too helpful, so I went to the library and checked out every book I could find on Anxiety, Depression, Mood Management, Nutrition, Healing Your Body and more. Oh and of course as I was walking through the library with an armful of self help/healing books I ran into someone I knew who looked through my huge pile of books! Oh dear:)
It was during this time, my deepest, darkest, most lonely hours…no… more like months and years, I found SO much solace and peace reading and learning from experts through these books. I’ve gone on to purchase many of them, read them over and over and loan them out to friends and family who need the help too.
It is through these books that my beliefs were affirmed to me.
I CAN heal.
I was NOT meant to live like this forever.
I can make positive changes in my life.
My body is an amazing structure that can change!!!
Thank goodness for change. And thank goodness for amazing medical experts who write books and share their knowledge, and thank goodness for struggles that propel us to change and grow and learn.
If you’re struggling with health challenges you might want to check out the following books. I found most of these at my library but you can often purchase them used online for a good price as well. It’s nice to have your own copy that you can highlight and mark up.
Here are 10 Self Help Books For Anxiety Or Depression:
- The Ultramind Solution by Dr. Mark Hyman: I love this book and I love this man. He’s THE man when it comes to learning about healing from depression and anxiety. He offers a wonderful functional approach to healing. It was the first book I read and it offered so much hope. You’ll love it!
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay: One of the best books on how to change your circumstances through the power of the way you think. You need to read this.
- Food & Mood by Julia Ross
- A Mind Of Your Own by Dr. Kelly Brogan: I can’t tell you how much I love Kelly Brogan. She’s a psychiatrist who stopped treating her patients with drugs and started treating them with nutrition and lifestyle changes. She’s definitely shaking things up and I love it!
- Why Worry? Stop Coping and Start Living by Kathryn Tristan
- The Anti-Anxiety Food Solution by Trudy Scott
- Hope and Help For Your Nerves by Claire Weeks
- The Power Of A Positive Mom by Karol Ladd
- Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin M.D.
- The Food Mood Solution by Jack Challem
I probably have 20 more books I could recommend but I don’t want to completely overwhelm you. If you can get your hands on a few of these you’ll be in good shape.
Remember, it’s about empowering yourself with knowledge. You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expect change. You have to learn new ways of doing things and then put that knowledge into action.
Stay tuned because I’ll be opening up a new program in the near future where I will work with women for 6 weeks to heal their bodies naturally from chronic stress and anxiety. You won’t want to miss this opportunity!
Here’s to a wonderful 2017!