Top 5 Healthy Living Book Suggestions, For When You’re In A Health Crisis!
One of the best things you can do when you’re really struggling with a health crisis of any sort, is to read something that’s really uplifting and brings you hope.
When I dealt with a lot of anxiety years ago, one of the only things that brought be peace was reading good books that filled my mind with happier thoughts and taught me how to take control of my health.
It was very empowering.
Here are my top 5 recommendations!
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay: This book should be in everyone’s library! Louise has a beautiful way of putting things into perspective and helping you feel like you can accomplish anything! The story of her own struggle to vibrant living is inspiring.
- A Mind Of Your Own by Dr. Kelly Brogan: This book is AMAZING if you’re going through anxiety or depression. She talks about drugs and the dangers and then lays out a step by step plan to revamp your life. It’s very empowering.
- Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin MD: Lissa used to be a medical doctor who stopped practicing because she didn’t believe in that model of health care. She talks about how the mind is integral in healing from pretty much any illness and how to take back your mind.
- Breaking The Habit Of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza: This book is one of my top 2 favorites. He talks about the science behind how our thoughts, conscious and subconscious work and how we can rewire our brain to overcome virtually any setback. At the end of the book he lays out a step by step plan to rewire your brain and learn how to mediate and access your subconscious.
- The Ultramind Solution by Mark Hyman MD: This was the first book I read that truly gave me hope and made me believe that complete healing was possible. He goes through the 7 keys of wellness and is a functional medicine practitioner who treats his patients by getting to the root cause of illness, and teaches you many root causes of issues with the mind. Fascinating stuff!
The Ultramind Solution would probably be the first book I’d start with because it deals with more tangible things like food and supplements, rather than mindwork. When you’re in the depths of dealing with anxiety or depression or overwhelm it’s hard to think clearly and you just want something you can control and change easily!
I’d love for you to schedule a complimentary 15 minute health coaching call! My passion is helping women heal their bodies from stress, anxiety and depression through nutrition, and many lifestyle adjustments. If you are not already a client then you can take advantage of this one time FREE 15 minute consultation. Click below to reserve your chat! I can’t wait to help you:)