Today I have 6 tips to stay sane during insane times. We all go through phases of life where we are just crazy busy. I’m experiencing that right now with a husband in graduate school, 3 kids with a 4th on the way, balancing 2 part time jobs while I build a business online, as well as cooking, cleaning and everything else that comes with being a mom! It’s exhausting but I know it won’t always be like this.
Today I’m switching things up. I love doing videos and love learning online through videos so I decided to help out all you visual/auditory learners today by doing a vlog.
For those of you who’d rather get down to the nitty gritty I’ll summarize everything covered in the video right here so you can skim through it to get all the tips.
- Meal Plan: When you plan your meals for 2 weeks at a time and make a grocery list then you will save yourself tons of time and money. This will also make it much easier to eat healthy.
- Lower Expectations: During times of busyness you might not be able to do everything up to the expectations you’ve placed on yourself. You might not have a house that’s clean all the time, you might not be able to be a part of so many clubs or groups, you might not be able to even volunteer in your kid’s classes as much as you’d like. It’s okay! It’s just a phase and it too will pass:)
- Take Care Of Your Body: You MUST take care of your health. Eat nutrient dense, unprocessed foods, get ample sleep, where you don’t have to drag yourself out of bed, and exercise at least a few times a week. These simple things will do wonders for your physical and mental health.
- Make A To Do List And Stick With It: Make a to do list each day. Refer to it frequently, cross things off once you get them done, it makes you feel good and it keeps you on track!
- Define Priorities And Carve Out Time For Them: Define what your priorities are. Is it spending time with your kids? Is it exercise? Is it 30 minutes to yourself for meditation and spiritual edification? Is it a clean kitchen when you go to sleep? Make sure you do what matters MOST to you, so you feel good:)
- Realize It’s OK To Say No!: Sometimes we can’t do everything we’d like to do. It might even be a really good thing, like helping with a class party for your child’s classroom, or partaking in a service project, serving your family is most important at this time. Focus on them, and your health. Don’t be afraid to say no. This phase will pass and then you WILL be able to say yes more often and pick up the slack for someone else who’s going through a busy time.
I hope these tips can help some weary woman out there. Just know that you’re not alone. I feel your pain. It’s hard to have such busy, taxing days, but take care of yourself, be organized and know that this too shall pass:)